A new study found that adverse effects were the most common reason for patients with chronic myeloid leukemia to discontinue use of tyrosine kinase inhibitors.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration gave a green light to Novartis AG's leukemia treatment, marking the first time that a highly anticipated new type of potent gene-modifying immunotherapy has gained approval in the United States.
- Dabigatran anti-coagulation can now be reversed.
- FDA approves idarucizumab for reversal of dabigatran anti-coagulation.
- Normal coagulation is established “in minutes.”
- Preliminary data show idarucizumab to be safe and effective for reversal of dabigatran anti-coagulation.
- Both efficacy and safety trials are sponsored by the manufacturer and published in top-tier journals.